Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Sonic Impact digital amp

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member djnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been playing with this little amp and am stunned at the power and clarity. I think I like it better on my 1505s than my 300B amp. I like it so much I ordered the cool box for it just to improve the sound with better connects and so it would look better than the plastic. For $20.00 you can't go wrong.Cool little box for the Sonic Impact guts

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gonefishin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2004
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Igor,


    Now that's a great looking case! Thanks for the link forums

    Unfortunately I've still got my two SI Amps on back order from E-Cost. Of course, this may be a good thing...I still have to get my AKSA amp done forums


    Are you using battery power? What changes have you made so far?

    thanks...
    dan

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member djnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi GF, I have done nothing yet. I am waiting on the box from Art. I have a Power-Up unit from Radio Shack that can stay plugged in all the time and the internal charger just comes on when it needs it. The Power-up is a car jumper battary and cost $40.00. I also bought the light adapter so if we have a power outage, it will serv as a light. Cheers.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gonefishin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2004
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Igor,

    http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=13378a thread with some info on the SI T-Amp.




    dan

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member djnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Homme, I have had no problems with it. In a car, the packaging is so tight I can imagine they use a totally different set of criteria. I love it. It is very smooth and increadably detailed, and of course for the price of a good integrated amp you can buy 10 Sonic Impacts. Cheers.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member homme_de_terre's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Igor,
    thanks for your reply.
    I ordered 4 of them at thinkgeek.com, they're on back order plus they need to make it over the ocean to the old continent, so I believe I need to be a little patient.
    Anyway, I can't wait to play with them and see how they compare to my PP tube amp mated with the 604s.
    I'm thinking of building a phase splitter to run them in bridge mode to get a little more oomp out of them. According to my colleague their HF noise gets worse the harder you push them, since the sampling rate drops with increasing VU.

    Manfred

  7. #7
    Inactive Member homme_de_terre's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have you faced any EMI impacts with your Tripath amps yet? I talked to a workmate today who has evaluated Tripath amps for automotive applications and he told me they had to ditch them cause radio reception and Class T don't mix.
    Anyway, I couldn't help it and ordered a bunch of SI amps to play with, I just couldn't resist :-)

    Manfred

  8. #8
    Inactive Member gonefishin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2004
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi guys,

    I ordered two of the SI T-Amps from ecost and called for an update on the order today. They said the amps were still on back order and that they were waiting for another shipment to come in.
    When I asked if my order would be filled with the next shipment, he replied that he didn't know who's order would ship next...only what the total amount of back orders were for this item. I reluctantly asked him how many back orders does he have...is reply was over 200 forums uh oh


    here's hoping we all get them soon forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.